Wednesday, April 6, 2011

More Fun With Greek Supporters

Being a passionate fan is a wonderful thing . . . . hell I have been known to remove some articles of clothing during random regular season games, so I completely understand. However, I have to give it up to my countrymen as they bring the passion to a complete other level.

Let's first take a look at the fans of Panathinaikos during the Euroleague quaterfinal basketball game with Barcelona. I am still in awe of the use of road flares during an indoor sporting event. To put this in relative perspective, the example in the video below is relatively tame to what usually takes place during the Athenian derby between Panathinaikos and Olympiakos. Enjoy the video.


Finally, here is a rather interesting story in regards to my favorite team, AEK Athens. Two weeks ago AEK Athens were thrashed 6-0 to Olympiakos in a Greek SuperLeague match. As a response to that performance AEK Athens supporters, around 200 of them, surrounded the team's hotel and forced the squad to take taxis to the stadium instead of the team bus. Here is the photo to prove it.


No comments:

Post a Comment