Friday, October 28, 2011

EPL Round #10 Fearless Predictions

This might be my last column on fearless predictions, actually it might be my last column . . . . ever. Don't get me wrong I do not want to stop blogging, I am just afraid that I am about to embark on the final 72 hours of my life. By the time the second half kicks off during Saturday's matches, I will be outside of Buffalo in an RV en route to Pittsburgh with five fellow comrades for a weekend of American football, beverages and bratwurst. I am not sure why I mentioned bratwurst, but I had to continue the good vibrations from my run on Bs. Regardless on what happens this weekend, I cannot let down my loyal audience, so here are this round's fearless predictions.


Amazing Steelers


Everton - Manchester United (1-2)
Manchester United are fresh off their worst loss since 1930 at Old Trafford, while Everton scored two late goals to, honestly, steal three points at Fulham. I believe that Everton will score the first goal but a sure-fire double from Wayne Rooney will give the Red Devils the victory.

Chelsea - Arsenal (3-1)
Arsenal are horrible at Stamford Bridge, and even though their biggest nemesis Didier Drogba, has been suspended for his attempt at a two-footed leg amputation, Chelsea welcome back, Captain Confidence, Fernando Torres. I have to admit, watching Mini-Mourinho, I mean AVB, is truly entertaining. The man gyrates like a young Rod Stewart. I know because I was there on New Year's Eve 2000 celebrating the millennium with Rod, Mom, Dad and little bro. Ahhh, the family memories.

Manchester City - Wolverhampton Wolves (2-0)
There has to be a let down, it is only natural, right? Manchester City, buoyed by their biggest victory ever, well, until the next wave of journalists declare a victory in the future as the biggest ever, should cruise at home against Wolves. By the way, Balotelli is my hero. He almost is at this guy's level . . . 


Sunderland - Aston Villa (2-1)
Is the Sunderland revival back on track? Middle of table clashes are full of uncertainty and honestly, I am better served by flipping a coin, rather than trying to attempt to prognosticate on who will win this game. So, might as well make Mutaz happy and back the Black Cats for the victory.

Norwich City - Blackburn Rovers (2-0)
In my opinion this is the final match in charge of Blackburn for Steve Kean. You never want to see someone get fired, but with the supporters' protests and the poor results, well someone has to take the fall, and that might as well by Mr. Kean. Norwich City delight the home crowd with a well played victory and we see a Canadian cameo for Simeon Jackson.

Wigan - Fulham (1-1)
Do you care?

Swansea City - Bolton (1-1)
Again, do you care? We might as well start grouping these games together.

West Brom - Liverpool (1-2)
The Andy Carroll experiment at Liverpool has gone horribly. I am not sure if it is the ponytail, the alcohol, the fast women, the cheap women, or the lack of talent, but Mr. Carroll is not a top four player. It is one thing to score goals for Newcastle, but it appears to be a foreign concept for him when he puts on the Liverpool kit. Regardless, I love Suarez, and I back him and his men in red to steal the three points.

Tottenham - QPR (3-0)
Honestly, QPR should be ashamed at the themselves. How could you not have a single shot on goal against Chelsea when they were playing with nine men? Somehow  that has all been brushed under the rug because QPR managed to grab the victory against an in-form Chelsea. Horrific display of attacking. Tottenham, on the other hand, go as far as Rafael van der Vaart takes them. A goal and an assist for the Dutchman as Spurs cruise.

Stoke City - Newcastle (1-1)
Undefeated Newcastle, yup undefeated Newcastle are riding high. The bigger question is who would have thought that Alan Pardew and former TFC-head coach John Carver would be leading the charge. I don't buy it and I probably never will, but they settle for a point at Stoke.

Enjoy the games, be safe and most importantly, pray for my safety.

OVERALL RECORD
48-41

No comments:

Post a Comment