Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Final 15 For The TFC Dream Job

I have jumped all-in with Toronto FC's dream job competition. There I said it. Maybe it is because I have been a season ticket holder since Day 1, but I truly have a strong interest in the competition. So for all the readers of this small endeavor, here is a look at the final 15 for the TFC Dream Job.


Before we get started, let's put a couple things on the table. I have no horse in this race. I am not a member of any supporters' group within Toronto FC and I did not apply for this position during the first round.

One more thing, I personally know none of the applicants and am merely putting this primer together for pure entertainment purposes, so for the love of humor and satire just enjoy it.

Also, between you and I, when did Windsor become the talent factory of Canada? Last time I was there, it was merely because we were picking up the fellas from law school on our way to Detroit for our annual NFL pilgrimage. 

The link to the competition - The Finalists

Here are the applicants:

The Bartender - Stacy Anderson
The Rule Breaker - Rachel Bonetta
The Supporter - Bobby Brasz
The Wildcard - Krista Cellucci
The Optimist - Gary Chauhan
The Fighter - Kate du Toit
The Tomboy - Danielle Emanuele
The Survivor - Faizal Khamisa
The Bowtie - Vincenzo Liburdi
The Soccer Star - Nadine Liverpool
The Cheerleader - Sarah Lovell
The Reporter - Keaton Robbins
The Ranter - Jaspal Sangha
The Pretty Face - Megan Shaw
The Windsor Lancer - Andrina Slegers

Who do you think will win?

I think the people's champion is Bobby Brasz just because of everything he has done with the supporter culture at TFC.

But, if I had a couple extra dollars, I would throw my money on Megan Shaw or Danielle Emanuele because that seems to be the direction MLSE is heading towards.

However, I would also give strong consideration to Nadine Liverpool, who has the necessary broadcasting experience, soccer background and unique personality that would make her very successful in this role.

Yet at the end of the day if this is a truly a competition for the fans, then the only logical choice is Bobby Brasz.

No comments:

Post a Comment