Friday, March 23, 2012

Powerade's New Ad Campaign

I am a sucker for anything new, so I will be the first to admit that I jumped all-in on Gatorade's new G Series offering. So before my last couple of soccer matches, which take place on Sunday mornings, yes I am that dedicated, I did the whole G routine, from Prime, Perform to Recover.


And to be honest with you, it was awkward. For those of you out of the loop or not as influenced by advertising as I am, the Prime aspect of the G Series comes in a juicebox-esque pouch that you rip open. It tasted horrible, but c'mon now I need to Prime myself for the big match.

 

During the match I moved on the Perform part of this three-step process and it was like any other standard Gatorade offering. Nothing special, but at least it wasn't uncomfortable or awkward. So that brings us to the Recover section of my Gatorade G experience. And if I thought the Prime tasted horribly, well I was in for quite the shock with my first gulp of Recover. Imagine combining the worst berries in a bushel with a dirty diaper and you get Gatorade's take on 'Mixed Berry.'

So when I saw Powerade's new ad campaign, I had to laugh and of course share it with all of you. Enjoy the videos, and if any of you tried the G Series, what are your thoughts?






No comments:

Post a Comment